Whether you’re a city apartment dweller or living the white-picket-fence dream, your bedroom should be the main destination of your home. After all, you spend 25 years of your life in bed (yes, seriously!) so it better be comfy and look good too! We’ve got 3 easy ways to pull your space together with a budget of $3-5k.
Scroll down for more design inspiration!
Bedroom From $3-5k: Coastal Modern Style
Tip #1: Your bedroom is not just your bed.
So many people get stuck in the idea that their bedroom should JUST be a place for sleeping, but that’s certainly not the case! Make your bedroom a destination for relaxing and decompressing from your workday by adding a comfortable seating area. Not only will you create a lovely place to sit and relax or read before bed, but adding a seating area will make your bedroom a little more inviting to the people you share your space with. (And ladies, a chair next to your bed is a perfect place to lay out your outfit for the next day!) To get this look:
- go with unfussy, single drawer side table
- find a chair or chaise that you love
- keep your color palette light and coastal inspired; blues, greys, and light woods are perfect
Bedroom From $3-5k: Bohemian Style
Tip #2: Sweet accessories make a world of difference!
Take your room from plain to perfectly styled just by adding a few similar accessories. Even if you start with more style neutral furniture (we love this headboard and could see it in a Hollywood Regency, Contemporary, or Transitional space!) you can immediately change the design style of your room by the accessories you use! To get this bohemian look:
- choose interesting fabrics – these patterned poufs and curtains are a no brainer
- buy or DIY delicate wall art that is anything but ordinary
- get inspired by nature and incorporate natural woods
Bedroom From $3-5k: Romantic Style
Tip #3: Tie your entire room together with a great rug.
It seems like a no brainer, but a really gorgeous rug can make or break a room. That being said, a beautifully made rug doesn’t need to cost you a fortune! We love this luxe looking romantic rug and it’s price tag. To get this look:
- invest in soft, romantic (duh) lighting
- silver accent pieces like this mirror and this lamp up the glam factor
- a tufted sleigh bed makes the room look more complete
The moral of the story? Have fun with your bedroom and don’t feel inhibited by our budget – you can create a beautiful space without going broke!
xoxo, Laurel & Wolf
P.S. Are you interested in working with a trained professional? Read our guide to learn more about the real cost of hiring an interior designer.