Never underestimate the importance of a well designed bedroom. Your bedroom should be your happy place; if you’re living with roommates it may be the only space you have to make uniquely yours, and if you live on your own your bedroom should be your personal retreat.
It doesn’t cost a fortune to create a beautiful bedroom interior design! Our tips:
- Pick a beautiful bed frame. There’s nothing more depressing than a naked mattress.
- Fill out the negative space. Negative space is essentially empty space, and the best way to fill up empty walls or floors is with a rug or wall art.
- Pick a cohesive theme. Whether it’s a color palette, a print type, or an overarching style, if you stick to a theme your room will feel more complete and intentional.
- Add height. Make your space feel more expansive by adding levels – a high headboard, well placed art, and even a larger indoor tree will add dimensionality to your room immediately.
- Don’t forget the rule of three. The rule of three is well known to most people with a creative eye. Take up the space you have by picking three items to highlight; for example, style a lamp, a frame, and a cute box on your nightstand together. Anything less looks sparse, anything more looks cluttered.
Scroll down to check out 3 different styles of bedrooms for under $1,000!
Under $1,000: Coastal Chic
Design Style: Hollywood Regency
Design Style: Eclectic Modern
Don’t forget, one of the easiest ways to add a little pizzaz (or ‘tzuj’, as our designers say) to your space is by adding small detail pieces. Want a chance to win $100 toward art and decor pieces from the incredible site St. Frank? Head to our instagram and comment to be entered to win!
xoxo, Laurel & Wolf